Black cumin seeds (Nigella sativa) have long been used as a powerful remedy against major illnesses in nearly every major medical tradition…from Ayurveda to Chinese herbalism to ancient Egyptian and Greek medicine.
The earliest written reference to black cumin (also called “blackseed”) is found in the book of Isaiah in the Old Testament (28:25-27). Here, the holy prophet Muhammad calls blackseed “a remedy for every illness except death.”
Now, science also confirms that blackseed is one of the most powerful medicinal plants known to man.
Several studies have also shown that black cumin seed extract may help fight cancer. In one recent study, black cumin seed oil was potent against pancreatic cancer, one of the deadliest and most difficult to treat of all cancers.
In the hundreds of studies conducted on black cumin, the seeds have been shown to contain compounds that fight disease by boosting the body’s production of…
- Bone marrow
- Natural interferon
- Immune cells
And the Sloane Kettering hospital website has recently published exciting details on current anti-cancer research using black cumin seed oil.
Very few botanicals have shown the effectiveness of black cumin against a wide array of diseases and health conditions.
What is Black Cumin?
Black cumin is a member of the buttercup family. When whole, the seeds are dark, thin, and crescent shaped. They contain more than 100 chemical compounds, some of which are still unidentified.
The primary active compound in black cumin seed is crystalline nigellone. Other important active ingredients include:
- Beta sitosterol
- Myristic acid
- Palmitic acid
- Palmitoleic acid
- Stearic acid
- Oleic acid
- Linoleic acid
- Linolenic acid
- Arachidonic acid
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Folic acid
Black Cumin Boosts Immunity and Health
Like the well-known herb Echinacea, black cumin is a powerful immune booster. But black cumin works very differently than Echinacea. Unlike Echinacea, black cumin does not negatively impact autoimmune disorders, and therefore can be used by those who suffer these conditions.
Black cumin is effective against allergies…multiple sclerosis…cancer…tuberculosis…and AIDS. Black cumin is also effective against liver problems, digestive imbalances, and asthma.
Black Cumin in History
- Oil of black cumin was found in Tutankhamen’s tomb, and was used by Cleopatra for its valuable health and beauty benefits.
- Hippocrates, the grandfather of modern medicine, considered black cumin a valuable remedy for digestive disorders.
- Ibn Sina, the author of the famous Canon of Medicine, reports that black cumin stimulates the metabolism and supports recovery from dispiritedness and lethargy.
- Ayurvedic medicine uses black cumin for a wide variety of diseases, including hemorrhoids, hepatitis, fever, diarrhea, cough, and tapeworm.
Modern Scientific Research on Black Cumin
Since 1959, black cumin has been examined in more than 200 different studies at universities and laboratories.
Research conducted at the Cancer Research Laboratory of Hilton Head Island in South Carolina showed that oil of black cumin fought cancerous tumors without the negative side effects chemotherapy.
The Hilton Head research showed that black cumin…
- Increased the growth rate of bone marrow cells by a staggering 250%
- Inhibited tumor growth by 50%
- Stimulated immune cells and raised the interferon production (which protects cells from the destructive effect of viruses)
- Has strongly antibacterial effects
- Lowers the blood sugar level (essential for the treatment of diabetes)
In animal studies, two-thirds of mice given black cumin seed oil survived beyond 30 days despite deliberate efforts to induce cancer…while none of the mice in the control group survived.
Black cumin is especially effective for aggressive cancers whose growth depends on angiogenesis (the physiological process involving the growth of new blood vessels).
Dramatic Results for Asthma and Allergies…and Many Other Conditions
German research has shown that 70% of patients with allergic conditions—including pollen and dust allergies—benefit from treatment with black cumin seed oil. Long-term use (6 months or longer) often brings outstanding results.
Other uses of black cumin seed oil include for…
- Colds and flu
- Nervous tension
- Tired legs muscles
- Backache, arthritis, bruises, and rheumatism
- High blood pressure
- Stomach problems
- Hair loss
- Intestinal parasites
- Colic (babies)
- Skin fungus
Exceptional Health and Beauty Benefits with Internal and External Use
Experts often recommend taking one teaspoon of the spicy oil alone, taken alone or with hot tea one hour before meals once or twice daily.
However, many people choose to take the black cumin seed oil in capsule form. Whether taken as oil in tea or in capsules, black cumin seed oil not only supports health, but has beauty benefits as well, including stronger and more lustrous hair and fingernails after months of use. When used externally, black cumin seed oil can soothe psoriasis, eczema, and acne.
Black cumin seed oil is sometimes included in pre-made creams, or you can add it to your own favorite cream. Some people use black cumin seed oil preparations on burns or skin infections. It can also be used to moisturize the skin, relieve joint or pain, or to minimize wrinkles and other signs of aging.
Black cumin seed oil and pills can be found in many Indian and Lebanese food shops and online. According to Tony Isaacs, natural health researcher and author of Cancer’s Natural Enemy, consumers should shop carefully. Isaacs warns that, “Those who use black cumin seed oil should check labels and product information carefully.
Black cumin is commonly referred to as black cumin seed oil, black onion seed, black caraway, and black sesame seed, and other names, but only Nigella sativa is true black cumin.
Underground Health Reporter Recommendations
- The 8-Ingredient Secret Recipe to Rebuilding Your Brand New Body
- How to erase wrinkles and lines without injections or surgery and make your skin look 5, 10, or even 20 years younger with these top 3 anti-aging ingredients...
- The Remarkable Healing Phenomenon that SHOCKS Doctors and Scientists Eliminates Pain, Inflammation and Disease in Minutes!
- Your Biological Age Calculator: How Young Will You Become?
- Why This 3-Minute "Wellness in a Glass" Movement Has Circled The Globe