Fungus: A Major Cause of Cancer?
I was first made aware of a study by my friend Doug Kaufmann, who is the host of Know the Cause television show. He has done a lot of research on the connection between fungal infection in the body and a host of chronic diseases, including cancer.
This very interesting clinical trial by John Hopkins researchers found: antifungal medication Itraconazole, used to treat nail fungus, was shown to keep prostate cancer from worsening and delay the need for chemotherapy in a subsection of men with advanced disease.
THE STUDY: The clinical trial; found 11 of 24 (48.4 percent) men taking high doses of Itraconazole had stable or declining PSA levels lasting at least 24 weeks. Almost a third of men taking the high dose had PSA reductions of 30 percent or more. Generally metastatic prostate cancer patients receiving no treatment typically would worsen in eight to 12 weeks. Researchers also found that 12 of 14 men taking high doses of Itraconazole had lower levels of circulating tumor cells present in their blood after therapy, compared with their baseline levels.
Itraconazole, also known as Sporanox, appears to have some unique anticancer properties such as inhibiting tumor blood vessel growth and preventing cell tumor division.
While the drug Itraconazole may indeed have direct anticancer properties more research is required to confirm this.
Researchers are missing the big picture, and that is fungi is a major cause of disease, including cancer.
My experience shows that if researchers combined an antifungal medication along with a holistic antifungal approach (antifungal diet, mold free environment) they would get much better results.
Is There A Link Between Fungus and Cancer?
Suppresses the Immune System
May Initiate Cell Division Abnormalities
Many health problems are improved with an effective antifungal treatment and by:
1. Following an antifungal diet (low in carbohydrates, especially simple sugars)
2. Avoiding mold contaminated foods such as peanuts, and eat a diet rich in vegetables and protein sources
3. The use of high-quality antifungal supplements or medications and avoiding antibiotics
4. Avoiding buildings that contain mold spores
5. Properly cleansing broken skin to avoid invasions and blood stream infections
6. Seeking holistic treatment for any fungi overgrowth in the digestive tract (that may have been caused by sugar laden foods and/or antibiotic use)
7. For more information on a holistic approach to anti-fungal therapy and the many conditions it can help see my article Fungus: Overlooked and Undetected.
By eliminating fungal problems one can free up the immune system and remove a major cause of inflammation.
Reference: 2011 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting (abstract #4532). June 4, 2011
Dr. Mark Stengler – News and trusted advice in cutting-edge holistic and nutritional medicine. Visit blog.markstengler.com for more of his articles.
Underground Health Reporter Recommendations
- The 8-Ingredient Secret Recipe to Rebuilding Your Brand New Body
- How to erase wrinkles and lines without injections or surgery and make your skin look 5, 10, or even 20 years younger with these top 3 anti-aging ingredients...
- Discover how to prevent fatal disease, strengthen your mind, energize your body and look younger now by unlocking the Antioxidant Secret...
- The Missing Secret Behind the Law of Attraction That Will Enable You to Finally Manifest Your Desires...