An ancient Ayurvedic herbal treatment for heart disease, has been discovered to be as effective as leading prescription heart medications. The best part of Ayurvedic medicine, is that you have none of the negative side effects found in traditional prescriptions.
Terminalia arjuna is an enormous tree that grows wild throughout much of South Asia — and its bark contains natural alkaloids and other chemicals effective in treating heart ailments and metabolic diseases.
This is good news for the many people who are worried about their current heart health — and for the many others who are trying to guard against heart problems later in life. Heart disease is still the Number 1 killer of people in the U.S., despite the fact that recent decades have brought many advances in heart medicine, including open-heart surgery — the procedure that most people hope they would never experience.
For more than 2,500 years, medical experts in India — where Ayurvedic medicine is widely practiced — have used the bark of the Terminalia arjuna tree to treat an array of heart conditions.
Arjuna’s role in the herbal treatment for heart diseases has been examined by medical researchers at the Institute of Medical Sciences in Varanasi, India, where it was proven that Arjuna powder extracts are indeed beneficial for people suffering from coronary heart disease.
Arjuna also offers treatment benefits for . . .
- Myocardial infarction
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart failure
One of arjuna’s most remarkable attributes is that its treatment benefits can be reaped without the host of serious side effects associated with most Western pharmaceuticals prescribed for heart problems.
For instance, isosorbide nitrate (or ISMN), a nitroglycerin-based pharmaceutical used to treat angina pain, can actually make angina pain worse, as well as cause the following health problems:
- Weakness and Fatigue
- Warmth, redness, or tingly feeling under your skin
- Fast, slow, pounding or erratic heart rate
- Blurred vision or dry mouth
- Nausea or vomiting
- Shortness of breath and blue-tinged skin (due to oxygen deprivation)
Other heart drugs are associated with similarly distressing consequences. Arjuna, on the other hand, has proven in head-to-head comparisons with ISMN that it confers more benefit than the drug without any of ISMN’s side effects.
In one study conducted at the Kasturba Medical College in Mangalore, India, researchers found that patients treated with arjuna experienced a 30% reduction in pain, compared to 27% for those treated with ISMN — and with none of ISMN’s adverse effects.
Another study conducted in 1995 and published in the International Journal of Cardiology examined arjuna’s usefulness as a preventative treatment for currently stable angina. Results showed that arjuna was able to cut the rate of angina episodes by half!
Arjuna has other significant medicinal properties, as well, and has the proven capacity to:
- Reduce body weight
- Decrease LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels
- Raise HDL (“good”) cholesterol levels
- Improve congestive heart failure
- Protect against ischemic heart disease
- Prevent atherosclerosis
- Combat certain cancers
- Act as a general antibacterial
How Does Arjuna Work?
Several substances in arjuna herb have very strong antioxidant benefits. Its stem bark possesses glycosides, flavonoids, tannins, and minerals.
Flavonoids exert antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and lipid lowering effects, while glycosides are cardiotonic, making arjuna unique among medicinal plants. In rodent studies these antioxidants also protect heart tissue from damage.
Even if you don’t have serious heart concerns, you should consider adding Arjuna to your medicine cabinet. Arjuna acts as a tune-up for your heart; it supports cardiac function and normalizes blood pressure. It can also reduce the physical effects of stress and nervousness.
Recommended dosages of arjuna depend on the form. The easiest method of ingestion is to take one caplet daily before a meal.
Arjuna is also available as:
- A powder to be taken in doses of 3-6 grams 2-3 times daily
- An extracted juice which is taken in doses of 10-20 ml 2-3 times daily with sugar, honey, or milk
- A decoction to be taken in doses of 20-40 ml 2 times daily in a concentration of 1:2
Underground Health Reporter Recommendations
- The 8-Ingredient Secret Recipe to Rebuilding Your Brand New Body
- How to erase wrinkles and lines without injections or surgery and make your skin look 5, 10, or even 20 years younger with these top 3 anti-aging ingredients...
- The Remarkable Healing Phenomenon that SHOCKS Doctors and Scientists Eliminates Pain, Inflammation and Disease in Minutes!
- The Missing Secret Behind the Law of Attraction That Will Enable You to Finally Manifest Your Desires...
- Why This 3-Minute "Wellness in a Glass" Movement Has Circled The Globe