Did You Know…that a natural supplement for arthritis pain called MSM (methyl-sulfonyl methane) delivers the same pain relief as popular over-the-counter arthritis painkillers—but without the serious and potentially fatal health risks?
Countless Americans, many on the recommendations of their doctors, keep arthritis pain in check by taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like naproxen (Aleve), and ibuprofen, (Advil, Motrin, Midol, Pamprin).
However, it’s becoming increasingly clear that these drugs can have dangerous and even fatal side effects. In 1998, the American Journal of Medicine reported that in the U.S., NSAIDs cause more than 100,000 hospitalizations and 16,000 deaths among arthritis patients each year.
That means that on average, 44 arthritis patients die each day as a consequence of taking NSAIDs.
There are plenty of other serious reasons to avoid these dangerous painkillers:
• Researchers at the University of Newcastle in Australia have shown that NSAID use is a significant contributor to congestive heart failure.
• Physicians in Norway used x-ray evaluations to show that patients taking NSAIDs experience significantly more rapid destruction of their joints than arthritis sufferers who use other treatment methods.
• Just this month, researchers from Harvard Medical School reported disturbing evidence that NSAIDs may increase the risk of kidney cancer. According to the report published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, patients face a more than 50% increase in the likelihood of contracting the dangerous, often fatal disease.
Since pharmaceutical companies do not publicize these facts and neither do mainstream media sources, the companies’ customers—or maybe victims is the more appropriate term—are typically unaware of these grim statistics.
The good news for those with arthritis —and other conditions requiring pain management—is that there are many alternative cures that are more effective and have none of the dangerous side effects of NSAIDs.
MSM: A Better Way to Eliminate Pain
One particularly promising treatment option is methyl-sulfonyl methane (MSM), an analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and blood vessel dilator.
This yellow mineral is a form of sulfur, the 4th most abundant mineral element in the human body. Sulfur is found in every cell of every living thing on Earth, and plays an essential role in the creation and regeneration of the body’s tissues.
Sulfur minerals like MSM…
- Maintain the permeability of cell membranes
- Ensure that nutrients reach critical components within the cells
- Help the body flush out cellular waste by-products more efficiently
Many of the health-enhancing benefits of MSM stem from these 3 key properties.
When cells lack sufficient methyl-sulfonyl methane, the bond between them becomes overly rigid. When this happens, your tissues lose their flexibility. Loss of flexibility can lead to a host of problems, ranging from more risk of muscle injury to problems with the lungs and other areas of the body.
From Head Trauma to Arthritis to Alzheimer’s: Common Uses of Methyl-Sulfonyl Methane
MSM has been evaluated and used as a treatment for a range of conditions, including:
==> Head trauma
==> Interstitial cystitis
==> Rheumatoid arthritis
==> Muscle and joint pain and inflammation
==> Alzheimer’s disease
All of the Benefits, None of the Side Effects
MSM works by reducing inflammation and blocking the pain response in nerve fibers.
However, it’s important to note that methyl-sulfonyl methane doesn’t cure arthritis. Instead, it addresses the symptoms by reducing the swelling that causes pain. In that way, it serves the same purpose as the NSAIDs so many arthritis sufferers overuse. However, MSM has none of the negative outcomes associated with NSAIDs.
MSM Detoxifies the Body and Boosts Overall Health
Aside from its impressive ability to relieve pain, MSM is a powerful detoxifier and can help normalize the immune system. It can also dissolve scar tissue by altering the cross-linking process in collagen, which allows for tissue repair and healing.
MSM can also…
• Alleviate allergies to food and pollens
• Assist the liver in producing choline
• Control acidity in the stomach, thereby reducing the occurrence of ulcers
• Coat the intestinal tract, so parasites are unable to thrive
• Prevent hypersensitivity to drugs
• Boost the body’s ability to produce insulin
Methyl-sulfonyl methanealso has an important influence on carbohydrate metabolism and wound healing.
How to Use MSM
Most health practitioners advise that MSM will be most effective when taken by itself at high dosages. Many recommend 2,000 to 10,000 mg daily in divided doses with meals, suggesting that this regimen provides effective and prolonged relief for many arthritis sufferers. Maximum benefits may take several months to achieve.
MSM is available in the form of crystals, capsules, or as a gel. Information on MSM suppliers and retailers can be found easily online by searching for “MSM” or “methyl-sulfonyl methane.”