This is FACT.
Studies indicate that curcumin may help treat and protect against cancer, slow tumor growth, and sensitize cancer stem cells to chemotherapy treatments.
How Curcumin Fights Cancer
As we age, chemical stressors and disrupted signaling pathways put undue stress on the body, leaving it vulnerable to cancer. Curcumin is the primary component of the healing spice turmeric, and it helps fight cancer from the earliest stages of its development.
- Prevents DNA damage caused by toxins, radiation, and other environmental pollutants.
- Prevents malignant cells from accessing the growth factors needed for continued replication.
- Turns off the genes needed for cancer to grow.
- Turns on the genes needed to prevent cancer growth.
- Triggers apoptosis (cancer cell death).
- Captures malignant cells at cell-cycle checkpoints, thereby preventing further replication.
- Shines a spotlight on malignant cancer cells so that the immune system can seek and destroy.
- Blocks the formation of new aberrant blood vessels that fuel tumor growth.
- Suppresses protein-melting enzymes that usher cancer cells into tissues.
- Interferes with cancer-associated fibroblasts that aid in malignant cell growth.
- Makes resistant cancer stem cells more sensitive to the effects of cancer drugs.
A Potent Anti-Inflammatory
Curcumin also uses its intrinsic anti-inflammatory nature to protect against cancer. Stomach and esophageal cancers are linked to inflammation of the stomach lining. A common culprit is Helicobacter pylori bacterium. Studies have shown that H. pylori-afflicted mice given curcumin became clear of any inflammation, suggesting a highly protective effect in these types of cancers.
Other animal-based studies have shown that curcumin may also help protect against colon cancer. Curcumin helps cultivate a thriving microbiome of beneficial bacteria in the gut. Research suggests that curcumin can actually alter the abnormal profile of organisms in mice with colon cancer, back to normal profiles that mimic those of healthy mice.
Supplementing with Curcumin
If you’re interested in supplementing with a curcumin supplement, check out Curcumin Full Spectrum Formula, which contains not only organic curcumin extract (with 95% curcuminoids) but also the most pure, bioavailable whole turmeric root full-spectrum powder—which means it can be absorbed by the body. Click here to start boosting your brain health today. And too learn more about curcumin, snag a copy of the free eBook Curcumin – Miracle Herb for Optimizing Your Health and Reversing Disease!