Inflammation comes from a Latin word that means, “to set on fire.”
If you suffer from painful inflammation yourself, then you know that’s a dead-on description.
But, what if I told you how to put out the fire once and for all, simply by eating the right foods? You can!
Inflammation And Your Health
You see, inflammation is actually your body fighting itself in defense against an injury or infection. There are 2 types of inflammation: acute and chronic. Acute inflammation carries no long term damage. Chronic inflammation, on the other hand, can lead to serious health problems if left unattended.
You may think it’s just a burning pain, but it’s much more. If untreated, chronic inflammation can cause arthritis, osteoporosis, asthma, allergies, heart disease and more. So, it’s really a disease in itself and the major contributor is free radical damage.
Air pollution, cigarette smoke, food additives, chemicals found in household cleaning products, and stress all contribute to free radical development in your cells. Free radicals are, simply put, unpaired electrons in the atoms of your cells. Now, some free radicals are good. They aid in digestion and help produce energy. Too many are bad, very bad, because they multiply exponentially in a process called oxidation.
Ever cut an apple and leave it out? It turns brown and gross, which is oxidation at work and free radicals having their way with your apple. In larger numbers, they can be so damaging that they alter your DNA!
A rusty nail is another example of free radical damage. That nail isn’t as strong as when it was new. The same goes for your body.
Premature Aging And Free Radical Damage
Premature aging and a host of other physical problems all come from free radical damage.
The good news is there’s a sure fire way to stop free radicals in their tracks and reverse the damage caused by these nasty little nemeses. It’s all about adding antioxidants to your diet, lowering stress, and staying away from alcohol and cigarettes. Of course, there are certain factors that can’t be avoided. Air pollution is one of them. But you can fight free radical damage by supercharging your body with foods rich in anti-oxidant power, which neutralize free radicals and stop cellular damage.
Here are some foods you can eat to win the war your body is waging on inflammation:
1. Taste the rainbow. No, not Skittles! The rainbow I’m talking about is the colorful blend of fruits and vegetables. Green leafy veggies like spinach and kale, and whole, brightly colored fruits, berries, and vegetables are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and of course, anti-oxidants. Eat strawberries, blueberries and kiwi. Enjoy broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes and peppers. This combination is an excellent source of vitamins, A, C, E, and lycopene, all important antioxidants that will restore your youthful appearance and stop your cells from turning on you.
2. Drink coffee and tea. Surprisingly, coffee is actually good for you – decaf or high octane. Coffee delivers a big dose of antioxidant goodness and green, white or even black teas are excellent, too. In fact, most folks get over half their antioxidants from these super-drinks.
3. Gone fishin’. Cold water, oily fishes are brimming with omega-3 fatty acids. This is essential in a healthy diet and can help to reduce painful bouts of inflammation. Additionally, the protein found in fish and seafood can also serve to stop inflammation. Don’t like seafood? Getting your protein from soy products, lean poultry and beans.
4. Sow your seeds. Try pumpkin seeds, flax seeds and sunflower seeds. They’re very high in vitamin E. Enjoy them roasted in the oven and sprinkle them with a little sea salt for a healthy alternative to chips or other processed snack foods.
5. Oil’s well that mends well. Finally, use olive oil, canola oil, grape seed oil, rice bran oil or walnut oil when cooking. These are actually healthier oils with monounsaturated fats and have been shown to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Are You Drinking Your Water?
Also, drink plenty of water, 100% fruit juices, low-sodium vegetable juice and herbal teas. They’ll flush your system, keep you hydrated and will help win the battle against painful inflammation by wiping out harmful free radicals.
You don’t have to put up with the pain of inflammation! You can stop the cellular damage from free radicals right now. Simply changing your diet and adding the power of antioxidants will make all the difference in the world. Once you snuff the free radicals, your cells can get back to their job of working for you…and not against you
Barton Publishing, Inc., a leading natural health company specializing in publishing cutting edge reports that show people how to cure and treat themselves using safe, natural, and proven remedies.