Most of us are familiar with the health benefits of honey such as it’s antibacterial properties, and for years, researchers have been aware that manuka honey is extra-effective. However, a report published by Professor Rose Cooper and colleagues at the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, shows manuka honey to be even stronger than previously understood — 10 to 50 times more powerful than other varieties of honey.
According to the researchers, Manuka honey was able to stop the growth of the antibiotic-resistant superbug known as MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus).
“Our findings suggest manuka honey can hamper the attachment of bacteria to tissues which is an essential step in the initiation of acute infections,” says Dr. Cooper, reported in the New Zealand Herald. “Inhibiting attachment also blocks the formation of bio-films, which can protect bacteria from antibiotics and allow them to cause persistent infections.”
Underground Health Reporter Recommendations
- The 8-Ingredient Secret Recipe to Rebuilding Your Brand New Body
- How to erase wrinkles and lines without injections or surgery and make your skin look 5, 10, or even 20 years younger with these top 3 anti-aging ingredients...
- The Remarkable Healing Phenomenon that SHOCKS Doctors and Scientists Eliminates Pain, Inflammation and Disease in Minutes!
- The Missing Secret Behind the Law of Attraction That Will Enable You to Finally Manifest Your Desires...
- Why This 3-Minute "Wellness in a Glass" Movement Has Circled The Globe
Category: Breaking News