This is a FACT.
In earlier studies, wine has been shown to fight against Alzheimer’s, prostate cancer, and even dental decay — and now you can add sunburn protection to that list of health benefits of wine.
According to a new Spanish study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, a compound found in grapes or grape derivatives may protect skin cells from skin-damaging ultraviolet radiation.
The flavonoids in grapes are the key, say researchers from the University of Barcelona and the Spanish National Research Council. Flavonoids stop the chemical reaction that destroys skin cells and leads to sun damage.
What happens is this: UV rays hit your skin and activate “reactive oxygen species” or ROS. Those in turn oxidize big molecules like lipids and DNA. Remember that oxidation is a process that’s harmful to your body, causing effects similar to those seen when metal rusts. The oxidation caused by ROS activates specific enzymes that in turn kill skin cells.
The flavonoids in grapes protect you from sunburn damage by decreasing the formation of ROS in skin cells exposed to UVA and UVB rays. Marta Cascante, a biochemist who led the Spanish research, notes that this finding may lead to better sun-shielding drugs and cosmetics.
Meanwhile, you can simply enjoy a good glass or two of wine … or snack on a bunch of crisp, sweet grapes and enjoy the many health benefits of wine.
Underground Health Reporter Recommendations
- The 8-Ingredient Secret Recipe to Rebuilding Your Brand New Body
- How to erase wrinkles and lines without injections or surgery and make your skin look 5, 10, or even 20 years younger with these top 3 anti-aging ingredients...
- The Remarkable Healing Phenomenon that SHOCKS Doctors and Scientists Eliminates Pain, Inflammation and Disease in Minutes!
- The Missing Secret Behind the Law of Attraction That Will Enable You to Finally Manifest Your Desires...
- Why This 3-Minute "Wellness in a Glass" Movement Has Circled The Globe
Category: Fact or Myth