Is black the new green? If we’re talking about superfoods, it’s sounding like the answer to that question is a definite yes!
A popular post from Health.Com, a section of Huffpost Health, the Huffington’s Post’s health news blog, addresses the black foods trend, claiming that although “green veggies have long been hailed as the go-to good-for-you food…dark fruits, veggies, and grains are nutritional powerhouses, too.”
Cy Lee, Ph.D., a professor of food chemistry at Cornell University, said, “black foods have more antioxidants than light-colored foods because of their higher pigment content.” Those plant pigments, or anthocyanins, may lower your risk for health problems like diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
With the black foods trend still going, there are options out there for every palate — from familiar standbys, like black beans, to the new and novel, like black garlic. Unlike other recent food trends, such as bacon for dessert or supersize portions, black foods seem to be one of those rare food trends with real, scientifically-supported health benefits. So why not try it out at home?
10 Black Foods You Can Try Today:
- Black Lentils
- Black Quinoa
- Black Garlic
- Black Mushrooms (Shiitake)
- Black Wild Rice
- Black Beans
- Black Tea
- Black Cumin Seed Oil
- Black Chia Seeds
Underground Health Reporter Recommendations
- The 8-Ingredient Secret Recipe to Rebuilding Your Brand New Body
- How to erase wrinkles and lines without injections or surgery and make your skin look 5, 10, or even 20 years younger with these top 3 anti-aging ingredients...
- The Remarkable Healing Phenomenon that SHOCKS Doctors and Scientists Eliminates Pain, Inflammation and Disease in Minutes!
- The Missing Secret Behind the Law of Attraction That Will Enable You to Finally Manifest Your Desires...
- Why This 3-Minute "Wellness in a Glass" Movement Has Circled The Globe
Category: Breaking News