Effective Heartburn Home Remedies Using DGL Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice?
The discomfort of heartburn can make every meal a nightmare or make it impossible for you to sleep comfortably. The irritation can manifest as a low, uncomfortable heat in your throat and chest, or as an all-out inferno that nothing seems to ease.
Every time you swallow, the circular band of muscle at the bottom of your esophagus (the lower esophageal sphincter) opens, allows food into the stomach, and then closes like an on/off valve.
The main symptom of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease(GERD) is heartburn, which occurs when that valve becomes weak or damaged, allowing stomach acid or bile to back up into the esophagus. This causes irritation to the mucosal lining and the esophagus becomes inflamed and eventually erodes.
Certain risk factors for GERD:
GERD is a chronic digestive disorder that affects one-third of the United States population. It can lead to further complications, including cancer. It is the most common and most expensive gastrointestinal illness, with costs soaring close to $10 billion dollars annually…and there is no cure.
All heartburn is acid reflux – when your stomach pushes acid backwards and up into the esophagus.
Top 3 symptoms of acid reflux:
Other symptoms include sore throat, hoarseness, chronic cough, increased saliva production, chest pains and bad breath. Acid reflux affects children as well as adults and can cause vomiting, coughing and difficulty breathing.
Though there is no cure…you can ease the symptoms of GERD.
Licorice root has been used for medicinal purposes for more than 3,000 years and naturally provides extensive antioxidant benefits.
In its botanical state, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, a compound known as glycyrrhizin is present, which delivers all the health-enhancing benefits. It has been shown to cause blood pressure elevation in some cases, so shouldn’t be used if you have high blood pressure.
DGL stands for De-Glycyrrhizinated Licorice root. That means you get all the benefits without the risks. DGL stops inflammation, lowers acid production, and begins healing mucosal membrane damage to the esophagus.
Unlike over-the-counter (OTC) antacids that block stomach acid production, licorice enhances blood flow to the esophagus and stimulates the formation of new mucosal cells. Even better news? It is proving to be more effective than OTC medications.
When It Isn’t “Just Heartburn”
Rare heartburn is normal and usually means you’ve had something to eat or drink that is irritating your stomach. Lifestyle changes, antacids, and certain heartburn home remedies help eliminate occasional heartburn.
If you experience heartburn twice a week or more – or if heartburn is interrupting your life – you may have GERD.
Lifestyle Tips for Reducing Heartburn:
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Avoid tight clothing that increases pressure on the torso.
- Eat your last meal at least 3 hours before lying down.
- Elevate your head and shoulders and let gravity aid digestion.
- Quit smoking and limit alcohol consumption to ease stomach irritation.
- Avoid stress and anxiety which increase stomach acid production.
- Eliminate foods that are fried or spicy.
- Limit your intake of caffeine, citrus and carbonated beverages that raise your chances of heartburn.
- Eat smaller meals and take your time.
- Increase fiber and water intake daily.
- Chew two DGL tablets 15 minutes before meals and bedtime.
DGL is available in chewable tablets and powder but the tablets are more effective since your salivary glands begin breaking them down immediately to speed relief.
If left untreated, GERD can result in scar tissue that restricts the esophagus and ulcers, and causes throat and stomach cancers, forcing you into surgical procedures to correct the damage.
First, talk to your doctor and find out if you have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Then head to your local health food store for heartburn home remedies that will let you get back to your life…and how sweet is that?
Underground Health Reporter Recommendations
- The 8-Ingredient Secret Recipe to Rebuilding Your Brand New Body
- How to erase wrinkles and lines without injections or surgery and make your skin look 5, 10, or even 20 years younger with these top 3 anti-aging ingredients...
- Discover how to prevent fatal disease, strengthen your mind, energize your body and look younger now by unlocking the Antioxidant Secret...
- The Missing Secret Behind the Law of Attraction That Will Enable You to Finally Manifest Your Desires...