In the Amazon rain forests of South America, a small bushy tree called Camu Camu (Myrciaria Dubia) grows wild in swampy or flooded environments.
The small fruit (resembling a cherry) along with its leaves have been used in holistic healing for generations. This extremely tart fruit is usually ground into a powder and blended with other fruits to make juice and it’s even made into ice cream.
Packed with beta-carotene, protein, fatty acids, amino acids, calcium, iron, potassium, and vitamin B-complex, the unassuming camu camu joins the ranks of super foods.
The real benefit of camu camu is the amount of vitamin C the tiny fruit delivers in every bite.
Camu Camu has 30 to 60 times more vitamin C than an orange does…in fact, it contains more Vitamin C than any other known fruit in the world.
Camu Camu Health Benefits:
- Regulates the cardiovascular system
- Levels mood, improves memory, increases alertness and sociability
- Balances hormone production
- Protects the brain and central nervous system
- Controls appetite and aids in weight loss
These valuable properties make it ideal for use in alternative and holistic medicine.
Dr. James Duke, retired chief botanist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture, rated the efficacy of herbs in his book Green Pharmacy. Of the hundreds of flora he studied and ranked – 1 being the best – Dr. Duke gave the practically unknown Camu Camu fruit highest honors.
Camu Camu Has Proven Effective to Treat:
- Arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries)
- Cataracts and Glaucoma
- Colds & Flu
- Gum Disease
- Migraine/Cluster Headaches
- Herpes Virus (cold sores, genital herpes, and shingles)
Benefits of Camu Camu Boosts Immunity and Energy Levels
Your body absorbs the benefits of camu camu easily, making it the better choice over vitamin C supplements.
Initial research shows that camu camu benefits are able to balance mood and brain chemistry while protecting the central nervous system (brain and spinal column).
Memory, sharper vision, and a decreased risk of depression and anxiety have been linked to adequate levels of vitamin C in the body.
Peru is beginning to export the seeds, which appear to grow quickly with very little maintenance. Eventually, the Peruvian government hopes the demand for camu camu will make the plant a major export for the country.
There are no known side effects of using camu camu berry, but women who are pregnant or nursing should avoid consumption until additional studies are done. Intensive research is being conducted on this small fruit and the benefits continue to come to light.
Underground Health Reporter Recommendations
- The 8-Ingredient Secret Recipe to Rebuilding Your Brand New Body
- How to erase wrinkles and lines without injections or surgery and make your skin look 5, 10, or even 20 years younger with these top 3 anti-aging ingredients...
- The Remarkable Healing Phenomenon that SHOCKS Doctors and Scientists Eliminates Pain, Inflammation and Disease in Minutes!
- The Missing Secret Behind the Law of Attraction That Will Enable You to Finally Manifest Your Desires...
- Why This 3-Minute "Wellness in a Glass" Movement Has Circled The Globe